Free Shipping Tuesdays by Canada Post
Below please find points to help answer the most common questions we receive about Canada Post's FREE shipping Tuesdays in October.
IMPORTANT: You must purchase your label from Canada Post each Tuesday in October. You cannot save the code and use it on a different day. You must choose Expedited as your shipping option when given a choice of how you wish to have it shipped ie: regular, express etc
You can us the maximum dimensions of 40 X 25 X 25cm 5kg on your label rather than waiting for exact dimensions from us. If your order is larger than the maximum allowed for a free label, you will need to pay Canada Post a fee for the extra weight, although the base weight will remain free.
Follow these easy steps to use your own Canada Post shipping labels during their FREE shipping Tuesdays in October event!
October 3, 10, 17, 24 and 31 2023
Use the PICK UP option at check out to avoid online shipping fees when using your own label.
1. You first need to be a registered customer of Canada Post. It is easy and free, so no worries! If you already registered, and have a Canada Post customer number, then skip to the next step.
You can register here to be a Canada Post Solutions for Small Business member.
Click the ‘Sign Up for customer number’ button near the bottom.
2. Ensure that you know the guidelines for using this free offer by Canada Post.
- The one free parcel within Canada has a 5kg weight limit. (A second parcel to the USA is also part of the promotion.)
- You must use the code given by Canada Post on that Tuesday to get free shipping on one parcel within Canada.
- Use must use the Canada Post Snap Ship tool on their website to create your label.
- If your parcel is over 5kg you will be charged the fee for the additional weight.
- Only basic expedited shipping fee is free; other fees, fuel surcharges, tax, etc need to be paid.
More details can be found here.
3. The 5kg limit is based on actual or volumetric weight. You can double check the details on the Canada Post website, but volumetric weight is typically not a large issue.
4. Where to find the code to discount the shipping?
Each Tuesday in October Canada Post will release the code. You get the code from their website and use it during the checkout phase of your label purchase that same day. You will be required to input credit card information.
5. We are often asked how to find Snap Ship (the app on their website to create the labels).
At the top of the Canada Post website, after you have logged in, click on Tools. Once that page loads, then scroll down and click on Snap Ship.
6. The return address/sender address on your label needs to be our address. Fill in The Blanks Canada, PO Box 594, Truro NS B2N5C7. You will fill in your address in the "To:" section.
WEIGHTS AND DIMENSIONS
7. For the weights and dimensions information that is needed to complete the label, you already know what to do if you read the important paragraph in italics at the top of this article. If you did not read that paragraph, tsk tsk LOL Please scroll up. :-)
SEND US THE LABEL
8. Once your label is completed, please save it as a PDF to your device and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org DO NOT arrange to have your parcel picked up by Canada Post from us as we take care of all those details.
WHEN YOU SUCCEED, WE SUCCEED
9. We do our best to help each client navigate through using the free shipping labels from Canada Post! We work with you to ensure you receive the best benefit available.
FREE SHIPPING THROUGH YOUR ACCOUNT WITH CANADA POST
10. Please note that we are not responsible for any of your dealings with Canada Post. We are assisting our clients with this feature but we cannot take any responsibility for Canada Post's guidelines, decisions, or rules. Free shipping on Tuesdays for October is an offer from Canada Post that we are making you aware of only.
Keep checking back to this page as we will make notes and updates if any of the information changes or further detail is needed.